Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Thanks to help from The Harmons the swing set is up! Thank you AGAIN Big Daddy, Gigi, and Kow for lending me a hand, and thank you for never charging me a personal assistant fee, HAHA!! She absolutely loved it, and she says "it my pwesent from Papa and Grammy" I spent all weekend putting it together and working on the backyard. I was cutting down this and that, killing all the ants and wasps and washing pollen off everything on the back porch. I have the sore back, calluses and blood blisters on my hands to prove it, but her excitement was worth it all and she just absolutely loves it out back. As I was cutting down brush from around one of my trees I found a hole under the tree trunk large enough for a small child to LIVE in, I'm not kidding. It made me sick to my stomach to think about what had been living under there all this time. So glad I decided to clean up the backyard seeings that the tree was 15 feet away from the swing set. It's cleared and open now so hopefully nothing will feel safe hiding in the hole anymore, and hopefully my daughter won't discover it before I can get the whole tree taken down, half of it is dead. It seriously made me sick to see it, it looked like a hole a nasty mean troll from a story book would live in! I have video on the swing set, but for some reason cannot get video's uploaded on here, I'll have to work on that. Dad, I'll see if I can email it to you.
Bryn's entire gymnastics class wore matching leotards I had made the girls last night, and they looked beyond cute!! The owner of the gym was there and asked me if I would make and keep a supply of my leotards for her store in the gym! YEA, I knew they were cute, but had no idea they were that good! It's funny to hear people refer to the stuff I've made as "my line" HA, love it...I have a line of clothing, called Monkey Inspired. :) So all my leotards will now be sold at Leah's Gym and I've opened an Etsy store (still in progress) for custom orders and the rest of my goodies! You can search Monkey Inspired on Etsy and it should take you right to my online store.
Brynlie got mad at me last night and said "I don't love you anymore" Of course, I thought it was hilarious and just to clarify, I asked her "did you just tell me you don't love me anymore?" I thought kids didn't start saying that until they were 12 or so, but then I have to remember my child is a genius so I'm not surprised she's got it figured out 10 years early. I'm really starting to believe ALL those people who tell me about how full my hands are and what I'm in store for with her. Course, I wouldn't want to make it sound like I'm complaining or acting like I'm the only single mom in the world because 3 jobs, raising a 2 year old and learning a new job is nothing but a cake walk baby! :)
Posted by Monkey and Me at 8:57 PM
Monday, May 10, 2010
We went to meet little Ms. Acea at the beginning of this month. Of course, Bryn and Boston were inseparable and had a blast together. The rode around together in a power wheels mustang all weekend. It was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. At one point it got chilly at Bryn had to borrow Bostons jacket while they were riding around. It was a great weekend, I hardly knew what to do with myself being in Kansas and not having to work on Rhea Lana's. We had so much fun there was very little sleep, by Monday I was beyond exhausted and Bryn and I went straight to bed for a nap as soon as we got back to town!
Bryn started school today, well actually it's Kids Day Out at the First Methodist Church but she loved it!! I asked her this weekend if she was ready for her first day of school and she said yes, I'm going to ride the school bus (lol, where does she get this stuff). I told her no, Mommy and Gigi are going to take you to school, she persisted that she would be taking the school bus until I finally convinced her she was too little. I was cracking up!
Here are some more things she's said and done over the last couple weeks that keep me laughing and smiling at my beautiful angel:
* she was laughing and talking in her sleep, wish I would of known what she was dreaming about.
* The song "I Got A Feeling" came on the t.v. while we were at the dinner table, she said "you hear that Mommy, that my song!" As if that wasn't funny enough, the very next song that came on the t.v. she said "that NOT my song!"
* She was on her hands and knees with a pen in her mouth acting like a doggie, she said it was her bone. I played along and said "hi doggie, is that a yummy bone?" She took the pen out of her mouth and very mater of fact told me, like I was stupid, that "I not talk, doggie doesn't not talk" she put the bone (pen) back in her mouth, turned around and walked off.
* She was sitting in my chair at the sewing machine and said "it my turn, I need to practice"
* We were out to eat and I was several feet away sitting on the sofa on a phone call, she came running up to me with her hand on her booty, I think telling me someone got her booty, it hurt and "kiss my booty, mommy" as she turning to stick it in my face! I about fell off the couch.
* When we were in Kansas she woke up congested one morning and told me "I need medicine mommy, I can't breath, I got her some medicine and as soon as she was done swallowing she exclaimed "I can breath now, oh tank you mommy, tank you!"
* She came out of her playroom and told me she had to go to the doctor, I asked her how come. She said "I can't member, but he had to listen to my heart."
* Instead of no way Jose, she say "no way hoesie"
* We were at the gas station one morning and 2 teenage boys were working. One of them told me she had very pretty blue eyes. The other one said "she's really cute, and mam' you really should take that as a compliment because I don't think any kids are cute, but yours is cute"
Besides having a horrible cold and no refrigerator I had a good Mothers Day. We joined Nonnie at her church then went out to lunch with some more family. Somehow I managed to pull off a blanket for nonnie with pictures of me and Bryn, special mother sayings, and a splash of Elivs and Super Mom thrown in. Not to shabby for my first quilt/blanket. I would rather have any major appliance break besides my refrigerator, it's the biggest pain in the butt EVER! It's been a long time since I've been this sick, not to mention other crap I've had to put up with over the last week. I almost had to call my mommy yesterday to come take care of me and watch Bryn, because I didn't think I was going to make it. Thankfully Bryn was worn out from staying up late and playing with Tatem the night before so she took a long nap after lunch, which allowed me to get some rest. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Bryn ends up with this in a few days since she's been right by my side all weekend.
Her swing set will be up soon, I know everyone has been anxious and excited to see it put up for her to play on, well almost everyone...but nonetheless Big Daddy is coming to the rescue and giving me a hand! I'm sure I could do the majority myself, but am positive I'm not tall enough to accomplish the entire project!
Posted by Monkey and Me at 9:28 PM